Building Systems Performance Integration Research
The exploratory branch of the BEST-Lab conducts research across various building systems and their integrated performance mandates as they relate to physiological, psychological, sociological, and economical needs of building occupants and other stakeholders.
The explored systems cover:
- heating and cooling systems, ventilation systems;
- electrical, lighting, sensing, and communication systems; and
- building enclosure systems.
Research topics include:
- energy efficiency of building systems and operations
- performance integration across structural, thermal, hygrothermal, and acoustic metrics
- modeling and analysis for design and retrofit decision-making tools
- occupant comfort
- policy and incentives modeling and analysis