Industry & Community Engagement through Practice
Faculty and students of the BEST-lab have engaged in a portfolio of outreach efforts that span a broad variety of stakeholders ranging from elementary school students to peer researchers, local communities, and others.
Some examples of outreach activities are:
- Coaching student competition teams with industry partners
- Support and coaching of K-12 students in FIRST LEGO League Challenges
- Consulting services to regional communities
- Active service to various societies such as SBSE, NIBS, ASTM, ASHRAE
- Board member developing professional certifications and exam questions